Getting your home ready to sell can be overwhelming. It can seem like there is a laundry list of things to do and often seems like there is no best place to start. We understand and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are some tips to get you started on preparing your house to sell:
- Less is more when selling your home. Declutter all closets, shelves and store away/discard any unused items.
- If a room needs a refresh, consider repainting in a light neutral color. This is a relatively inexpensive way to give a room a fresh new look.
- Are your carpets clean and hardwood in good shape? If not, consider refinishing it.
- If your windows are covered with heavy drapery, consider something light and airy like a simple side panel.
- Thoroughly clean your home and don’t forget the windows!
- Consider a pre-inspection so any issues are addressed beforehand and there are no surprises.
- Eliminate all odors (pets, smoking, cooking odors).
- Finish any home improvement projects.
- Create an inviting entry: paint your front door & polish up hardware.
- Consider staging if necessary.
- Make sure the exterior is well maintained and free of leaves, weeds, and fallen branches.
- How does your lawn look? You may need to reseed and fertilize. Fall is the best time for this.
- Reseal your driveway if it is cracked.
- Refresh your planters with seasonal flowers.
Do not be afraid to keep it simple. Home buyers want to feel welcomed, yet also see the potential they have to create a space of their own. Creating that empty canvas for them to fill up with ideas as they view the space is essential to giving your space the best chance of selling. This can be achieved by simply freshening up the fragrance or giving the space a coat of paint.
Remember, keep it simple, and good luck selling your house!